We always aim to provide a high standard of care in all our services.
Our customers’ views are important to us and help to ensure our services are consistently meeting people’s needs. If you are unhappy with any of our services it is important that you let us know.
If a complaint alerts us to possible abuse or neglect we will raise it with the executive team. The executive team will decide how to investigate and monitor outcomes.
Making a suggestion
Often people feel more comfortable about suggesting improvements rather than complaining formally. Anyone receiving services, and their friends/ family, may make a suggestion.
Comments and suggestions may be addressed to the customer success team at [email protected]
If the suggestion is something that Evezy as a company needs to consider you can send it to:
Customer Success Manager
Who can complain
Anyone affected by the way Evezy provides services can make a complaint.
A representative may complain if the affected person:
- has died
- cannot make a complaint themselves, or
- has given consent for the representative to act on their behalf
If you are not happy about making a complaint yourself and you do not know someone who can talk or write to us on your behalf, we will be happy to find someone from an independent organisation to act as an advocate for you.
Making a complaint
We aim to handle complaints quickly, effectively and in a fair and honest way. We take all complaints seriously and use valuable information from investigating to help us improve the service we provide. We treat all complaints in confidence.
Evezy assures clients and their families that it will not withdraw or reduce services because someone makes a complaint in good faith.
You should complain as soon as you can after the date on which the event occurred or came to your notice. If you complain more than twelve months later, we may not be able to investigate properly. But we shall also consider whether you had good reason for not making the complaint sooner and whether, despite the delay, it is still possible to investigate the complaint effectively and fairly.
How we handle complaints
George Witchlow-Thomson or Evezy may ask someone in the Evezy team to investigate the complaint. That person will have enough seniority and experience to deal with the issues raised by the complaint.
- We will acknowledge a complaint within 5 working days and give you the name and contact details of the person investigating it.
- We will keep you informed about the progress of the investigation. We aim to have all complaints finished within 28 working days unless we agree a different time scale with you.
- When we have finished investigating, we may arrange to meet with you to discuss the outcome, and we will write to you with:
1. details of the findings;
2. any action we have taken; and
3. our proposals to resolve your complaint.
- In all cases, a complaint will be given full and fair consideration. However, if as a result of your complaint, disciplinary proceedings are taken against a member of staff, an internal procedure will apply. You will be informed that disciplinary proceedings have taken place, but as these proceedings are confidential, you will only be informed of the details or outcome of matters outside of this procedure. If a criminal offence is alleged, then the police will be informed.
We deal with anonymous complaints under the same procedure; however, it is better if you can provide contact details so we can tell you the outcome of our investigation.
George Witchlow-Thomson has overall responsibility for dealing with all complaints made about Evezy’s service.
We will provide as far as is reasonable:
- our complaints procedure
- any help you need to understand the complaints procedure; or
- advice on where you may get that help.
How you can make a complaint
You can complain:
- in person
- by telephone
- through a member of our staff
- through an advocate or representative
- where someone complains orally we will make a written record and provide a copy of it within 5 working days
- by letter
- by email
Evezy’s contact information to complain is the following:
- Tel: 0800 030 6840
- Email: [email protected]
- Address: Evezy. Webster and Horsfall, Fordrough, Birmingham, B25 8DW
Once we have dealt with your complaint, if you are not happy with the outcome you can refer your complaint to the following:
NB: The LGO will not normally investigate a complaint until the provider has had an opportunity to respond and resolve matters.